During recent years, the government has allocated schools a sum of money, which is dedicated to enhancing and improving the provision of PE and Sport.
You can see in the following document how we have allocated our funding over the past two years:
We are delighted that they have announced the continuation of this PE and Sports Premium. The fund helps schools to deliver additional sporting opportunities to children and to raise the profile of sport within the school community and beyond.
Our key successes at Marshwood over the past two years include:
- Achieving a Bronze award in the School Games Mark programme
- Offering special sporting activity days including climbing, sailing, and fencing
- The addition of new sports to our PE curriculum to broaden children’s learning
- Collaboration with a specialist teacher from the Woodroffe School, including training up sports leaders within our older pupils
- Free after school sports club every week and a healthy start breakfast and active club before school
- Taking part in inter-school competitions and events with Acorn Multi Academy Trust and across West Dorset.
- Participating in the Stockland Races crosscountry events
We are very proud of our successes but would still like to achieve more.
For 2022/23, our focus areas are:
- To work towards obtaining the Silver award of School Games Mark
- To support our least active children
- To offer professional development in teaching PE to all of our teachers
- To introduce children to a wider range of sporting activities
- To help talented children reach their potential in their chosen sport
- To create more links with local sports groups and clubs
- To broaden our PE curriculum to include as wide a range of sports as possible for our children