Mental Health and Wellbeing
At Marshwood CE Primary Academy, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support
Universal Support - To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance developing resilience for all.
Targeted support- For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as wellbeing or nurture groups.
Family Support - We work with a Family Support Worker through the Local Authority who can suppot with families acceessing a range of services such as parenting support, self-help and support groups, and can attend 'Team around the Family' (TAF) meetings.
Additional support- For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences, we work with a number of outside agencies to facilitate support.
Mosaic Family Support for BereavementProut Bridge Project Youth Counselling Service
NHS and Public Health England Mental Health
Mentally Healthy Schools
Children and Young People With Anxiety - A Guide For Parents
You can view our Mental Health and Wellbeing policy on our Polcies Page.